From Devastated to Motivated is What I’m Titling This So Deal With It.

Remember The Thing that I was kind of devastated about?
That Thing was to be traveling to NYC to be a part of something amazing for Lands End.
When dates were changed and I found out I would no longer be able to make the trip and be a part of the (super awesome) media campaign, my heart was broken. Mostly because This Thing was going to be something I was proud of, something I could share with other women and say “if I can do this, YOU CAN DO IT TOO!”
I’ve had a couple of weeks to process my emotions. I’m happy to say I’m no longer heartbroken about it. I have accepted that it wasn’t meant to be for me to be there.
Here’s the good news: I still get to be a part of This Thing.
I will be part of Lands End National Swimsuit Confidence Week.
That’s right, Swimsuit Confidence.
You may remember that last July I bought and wore my first bathing suit in many, many years. It was a huge step for me in my journey to be at peace with my body, to be confident in my body. Now, almost a year later, I will be taking part in a movement to help other women do the same thing.
How cool is that?
So cool, you guys.
I hope you’ll click over to check out the details. But mostly, I hope you’ll be inspired.

12 thoughts on “From Devastated to Motivated is What I’m Titling This So Deal With It.

1. Cheryl

You ARE an inspiration! Sorry about the one Thing, but glad to hear about the other Thing… and in fact, the other thing sounds WAY cooler. Just sayin’. :-)

2. Nancy P

Get out! That is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (funny that 2 yrs ago I too bought my first bathing suit in about 30 yrs and it was a Lands End.) I was going to Hawaii and determined to wear it and I DID! :)

3. Kerry

I’m going away with my BF’s family for the first time in about six weeks, and there will definitely be swimsuits involved. All of the women in his family are tiny and slim, while I’m built like an olympic swimmer gone-to-seed. So. ANXIETY. Which is dumb, of course, but it’s still there. So thank you for this.

4. Shauna

Congratulations.
    But I also have to say that (assuming the reason you couldn’t do this thing was because your son was graduating from high school), while this opportunity sounds awesome, it cannot and will not compare to the joy you feel down to your bones to be there when your son graduates. Congratulations to him, and to you and PigHunter. You all deserve it!!

5. Cristin

Congrats! That is awesome news.
    And I must say, I just bought a Land’s End suit a few weeks ago. I have yet to try it on but maybe you can encourage me to do so!

6. cheryl

This post is so full of awesome!! You inspired me to wear a bathing suit after many years of “oh hell no!” and the bathing suit I made my debut in was from Land’s End. I now own many Land’s End suits and spend a lot of time wearing them at the beach. Their Slender Suits are the best – the very best!!! Go Yvonne!