OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

That’s what I looked like after 24 hours of labor. And that’s pretty much how I feel at the moment.

However, I’m so completely in love with my daughter. I don’t mind the lack of sleep and discomfort. Not at all.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I want to tell my “baby story” but there’s no time between feedings, diaper changes, kisses and taking care of my boys. I just wanted to thank everyone for the comments and emails. We are overwhelmed by your love and support.
I’ll leave you with a couple pictures of the most beautiful girl in the world.

gabriella2

gabriella1

51 thoughts on “Thank you God for The Swing

1. Hed

You certainly have that right! My God! She’s gorgeous!
    Congratulations! Be prepared for the ride of your life! She’s going to break some hearts someday.
    -H

2. NinaKaye

awwwwwwe….when I see these pictures I tear up and think, “I want another baby!!!” Then a kid hits my chair from behind, and I get back to reality. No more kids for me. heh.
    She’s beautiful!!
    Congratulations again!!

3. Empress

Well, sweetheart, you look wiped! 24 hours of labor will do that to you! But your baby is so adorable!!! Congratulations again and thanks for keeping us up-to-date. We have all been thinking about you!!

4. shaunacat

I know they say babies that young don’t smile, but I’d swear she was in the last pic. :)
    She’s beautiful Yvonne and I don’t think you look bad yourself!! Rest and enjoy!! So glad you are posting already. ;o)

5. Lisa

OMG Yvonne, she is so beautiful, and so are you. Happy, happy birth day little Gabby, you know you are one of the most anticipated and best-loved little girls in the whole, wide world. I’m sorry for any typos – tears getting in the way….

6. sarcastic journalist

I’m so glad its over for you! Now you have your little girl!! I totally feel you on the feedings and kisses. Yours likes the swing??? I’M SO FREAKING JEALOUS!!
    Congrats! She’s beautiful! And very lucky to be goign to such a wonderful family!

7. Rachael

Congratulations! I can’t believe it, she’s finally here! How awesome!! Congratulations, she is soooo adorable!! ;)

8. Eden

OMG she’s gorgeous! Congratulations!!! I can’t get over how pretty she is, and look at all that hair! Get some rest, you deserve it! And best wishes to all of you; how exciting!!!

9. Amy

Awwww – those pictures made me tear up. It was just about 10 years ago that I gave birth to my first and every year around this time I get nostalgic for that time, just because of the precious memories… So seeing these pictures just really hits home for me right now.
    Congratulations again. I hope you get some well deserved and needed rest soon!

10. Deborah

Welcome to the world, Gabriella! You’re going to love it!
    Be sure to save the last couple of days worth of messages in your guest book so that one day you can show her the hundreds of people who were anxiously awaiting her arrival.
    She’ll know she’s a star!

11. cee

Yay, another post!! And she’s smiliing already! These are great! Thanks for popping in again with another update… I know how those first few days fly by in a blur of kisses and sleep and diapers and big brothers….. and, and…. Are you home already?? Surely they didn’t send you home yet….
    Congrats to your family!

12. Lindy

Ok, don’t forget to stock up on shot guns & shells. and u might want to get her blogging asap. so, we can all ‘help’ keep an eye on her. She’s a heart stopper. she has dimples. isn’t she precious with her dimples. Congrats mom…ur the best!!

13. Chelle

How precious!
    Glad to know you are both doing well.
    Kiss her cheeks for me! Aww, she is so cute, I am getting all gushy.
    -signed weird gushy woman

14. Shelly

What a beautiful baby!! And you look exactly how you are suppose to look after pushing a baby out of your body. Those biotches that can have a baby & never mess up their make-up really piss me off.

15. Jen

Gabriella is sooo adorable! She is absolutely precious! I am happy your wait is over and that you finally get to spend time with the cutest baby in the world!

16. Tracy

Uh, Yvonne…would you please do me a favor? Please record her crying – for a VERY long time, and post it on here, so I can play it every time I look at that picture and think of how cute she is!!
    Dammit, 4 kids is enough!

17. robyn

Was there ever a more perfect little girl? Look at that smile — and that hair! Does she date (6-month) older men? ;-)
    And I swear The Swing should be on the hospital departure checklist, right after the carseat…..
    Now rest up, heal up, and enjoy every single second with your beautiful new daughter! Congrats again!

18. goop

Congrats all the way from Singapore! read your blog religiously and your little daughter is just precious. Is it just me, or does she look so much like your husband? Wish I looked like that when I was a kid. Cheers!

19. kim

she really IS beautiful! ‘course we all can’t wait for the baby-story, but you just take all the time you need for your family, to rest, get comfortable and look at this gorgeous face. man! she’s gonna grow up to be a man-killer (in a nice way, of course ;o))
    loads of love from overseas!

20. Lily

Yvonne – this is the greatest news possible! I’m so happy for you. She’s adorable! You will recover — wow — 24 hours — scary!!! This is amazing, though. Congratulations!!!

21. Amy S

Yvonne, congrats to you and your family. Good Luck with everything. You had a veeerrryyyy pretty little girl. Fabulous!!

22. A Small Victory

Clutch Linker

So, I wanted to do a linkfest, but I also wanted to put something special up on the radio tonight. Then I thought, Hey, why not do both at once?! Then I can introduce you to one of my favorite…